Sour, or spicy. 4 ingredients in each, and 5 minutes to prepare. Slather it on top of your already delicious burgers and you have an added punch of flavour in seriously no time at all. The BEST part? No measurements required. You could add 3tbsp of one thing and a dash of another, keep everything chunky or chop it really fine - it’s completely up to you and your tastes.
For the sour you will need: Best Foods Original Mayonnaise, pickles/gherkins, fresh parsley and lemon juice. Seasoning optional.
For the spicy you will need: Best Foods Original Mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, fresh coriander and sundried tomatoes. Seasoning optional.
Spread these generously over your burgers and you’ll be in heaven, I promise! For the burger itself, I used Best Food’s own Classic Beef and Cheese Burger recipe developed by Jo Wilcox, and it worked deliciously. If you’d like to try it for yourself, Best Food’s have a food truck (so cool!) travelling around NZ, hitting Auckland, Hamilton & Wellington during May. All you have to do is turn up and you’ll get to try either their tasty Beef & Cheese or Thai Chicken Slider with the magic of Best Foods mayo, on them!
See the dates below:
- Friday 28th of April, 5pm-9pm, Basement Theatre, Auckland
- Saturday 29th of April, 5pm-9pm, Basement Theatre, Auckland
- Saturday 6th of May, 11am-4pm, Northwest Shopping Centre, Auckland
- Sunday 7th of May, 12pm-7pm, Sylvia Park Shopping Centre, Auckland
- Thursday 11th of May, 11am-4pm, Elliot Street car park, Auckland
- Saturday 13th of May, 11am-4pm, The Base Shopping Centre, Hamilton
- Friday 19th of May, The Boatshed, Wellington waterfront