Basil & Rocket Pesto Gnocchetti
You will need:
500g '00' flour
5 eggs, whole
1 1/2 cups fresh basil
1 cup fresh rocket
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
2/3 cup parmesan
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
salt and pepper
- Pesto: In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Blend until the ingredients are all combined and fine, if you prefer your pesto smooth, continue to blend until desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Pasta: In a large bowl, pour in the flour and create a well in the center. Crack the eggs into the well, and whisk the eggs within the well until combined.
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour and eggs together until it forms a rough dough. Turn out onto the bench top, and knead until the dough is smooth and all the flour is combined. Wrap with plastic wrap, and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, break off pieces, and roll into sausage shapes. Follow the steps in the video to create the gnocchetti shape. Set on a floured tray.
- Bring a large pot of water the boil, and season with salt. Once boiling, drop in the pasta and cook for 3-5 minutes, or when the pasta rises to the top and al dente when tasted.
- Toss in some of the pesto with a little of the cooking water, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of parmesan. Enjoy!