Garlic Butter Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is the perfect vegetable to enjoyed all year round, and what better way to enjoy it than smothering it in garlic butter! Roasted until tender and caramelised, then finished with fresh herbs and parmesan... my mouth is watering at the thought. Serve alongside your favourite roast, as a warm salad base or simply with a fork, this is a must try recipe that everyone is bound to love!
- 1 cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 150g melted butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- Fresh basil/rosemary & parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the cauliflower in a roasting dish.
- In a small jug or bowl, combine the butter, oil, garlic, crumbled stock cube, dried herbs and seasoning. Rub 2/3 of the mixture over the entirety of the cauliflower, reserving the remaining butter for basting.
- Cover with tinfoil, then place in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes covered, then remove the foil. Place a metal skewer into the center of the cauliflower, then return to the oven for another 30-40 minutes or until golden and tender when tested with a knife. Baste half way through the cooking time with the remaining garlic butter.
- Once cooked, remove the skewer and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and grated parmesan.
NOTES: If you are stuck for time, cut the cauliflower into pieces, toss in the garlic butter and cook until golden brown and tender.