Hazelnut Hedgehog Slice
Chocolate lovers, rejoice! If you've got a sweet tooth, or you're just like any normal person, a bit of chocolate goes down an absolute treat on those days that you just need a bit of a pick me up. This Hazelnut Hedgehog Slice is insanely delicious, is a no bake sensation, and only requires 7 ingredients! Could it honestly get any easier?! Not only is it beyond easy to whip together, this decadent slice goes a long way as a small square is all you need to get maximum impact; although, don't let me stop you going in for seconds! You will love this one.
Ingredients (makes est. 20 squares)
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits
- 80g + 50g hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 200g + 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 240g condensed milk
- 60g + 20g salted butter
- In a food processor, roughly blend the biscuits and 80g hazelnuts until roughly chopped. Add to a large mixing bowl. To the biscuit mixture, add the coconut and cocoa powder and stir well.
- In a pot, melt together 200g chocolate, condensed milk and 60g butter. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir quickly, then press into a lined slice tray. Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and butter in the microwave on low until melted. Chop the remaining hazelnuts and scatter over the biscuit base. Pour the melted chocolate over the base, and use a spatula to spread evenly over the base. Refrigerate for a further hour or until set completely.
- Once set, remove from the tray and cut into 16-20 squares. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.